Jenn Minnite is available for interviews in the US and internationally about how to heal the heart again after a death in the family – in particular the death of a sibling and how to explain it to children. She is a heartfelt and powerful interview. Contact Jenn directly at: email@example.com
- General Press Release
- Talking Points, Suggested Media Segments, News Angles, and Feature Stories
Booking Information: Jenn is available for interviews, appearances, special events, and book signings across the country and internationally.
Please all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Press Release
NEW CHILDREN’S BOOK
BUTTERFLIES FROM HEAVEN
HEALS HEARTS AFTER A DEATH IN THE FAMILY
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – December 21, 2011 – Every year, more than 12,500 families suffer the devastating loss of a young child U.S. alone. Praised and recommended by social workers and teachers, Jenn Minnite authored Butterflies from Heaven, a new children’s book and companion website that heals hearts after a death in the family. A gentle and loving parenting tool, this book offers healing for the pain families experience after a death and gives hope for the future.
“After my baby’s death, I found a lot of clinical information. But nothing comforted my heart. I wrote Butterflies from Heaven to help children and families begin to heal their hearts after an unexpected death in the family. ” – Jenn Minnite
To download photos of the book, contact email@example.com
About the Butterflies From Heaven Book:
“This book sends a message of love, hope and healing to all children and their parents. All families need this book.” — Kelly Maher, kindergarten teacher, Pleasanton Unified School District
Heralded by social workers and teachers, in Butterflies from Heaven, 6-year old Sophia’s baby brother has passed away. With the help of her wise Nana and an inspirational story about butterflies from heaven, Sophia learns that there is hope after the loss of a loved one and shares that hope with her family.
Although written for children, this book heals the hearts of families both young and old. It is available both in full-color print and digital versions readable on almost all devices.
About the Butterflies From Heaven Website:
A companion website offers “60-Days to Healing your Heart” where Minnite shares a 60-day guide on how she got though the roughest moments after losing a child. It is a combination of her emotional journey and finding answers to her day-to-day questions of “what now?”
In addition, the website features “The Firsts” where Minnite writes heartfelt advice on how to navigate the difficult first Christmas, first birthday, first anniversary and many more “firsts” after the death.
Jenn also lovingly pens the “Butterflies from Heaven Blog” offering support on a variety of topics such how to keep your baby’s memory alive, what to say when people ask “How’s the baby?”, and addressing fears around having another child.
About Jenn Minnite
Jenn has three wonderful children on Earth and one special child in heaven who died due to rare heart defect after being alive for just twelve days. She is available for interviews in the US and internationally about how to heal the heart again after a death in the family – in particular the death of a child and how to explain it to children. She is a heartfelt and powerful interview.
“Sensitively written and heartwarming.” – Noni Zukin, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
“I wish I had this book to help my daughter understand the death of her twin brother.” – Michele Clasen, second grade teacher, Pleasanton Unified School District
To schedule an interview contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
- Am I still a parent if my only baby has died?
- How not to feel guilty or that you did something wrong
- When you have difficulty being around other people’s children
- How to keep you child’s memory alive
- How do you know when you are ready for another baby?
- Feeling okay about starting to feel better
- How men and women grieve differently
- What to do for the “firsts”- first Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the biggest one- the first birthday
- Should you celebrate your baby’s birthday?
- How to choose a cemetery, what to write on the tombstone, and what to write in the obituary
- What should you do with the baby’s room?
- How to find a grief group that is write for you?
- How to reconnect with your spouse or partner
- What to say to your other children when their sibling died
- What to say to your children when they ask about the baby
- How to include your baby in your family
- What to say to your children when they are scared they will die too
- Creative ways to keep your baby close
- How to make visiting the cemetery a positive experience for your children